WELCOME TO THE UKULELE PLAYERS CLUB WEB PAGE
UPC THURSDAYS: Doors open @ 12:50 PM
THE GRAND CANYON THEATER AT THE EVERGLADES RECREATION CENTER. (See Schedule below.)
NEXT SESSION IS 3/4/21
IN THE GRAND CANYON THEATER
12:50 PM Doors open / Set Up / Seating
1:10 PM Announcements/Direction/Protocols - Social Distancing
1:15 PM Open Play
2:15 PM Dismissal / Break Down
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION about the last session, future sessions, Classes, UPC Performances, UPC Member Credits, Other Village ukulele clubs and News and Activities please go to the "NEWSLETTER" section of the web site.
UPC Meeting Etiquette:
- Masks Requested
- No Classes at this time.
- No coffee.
- One hour long session (to start)
- Seating plan allots seating for 50 attendees, Total Capacity
- Chairs are 6' apart and staggered. No Moving Chairs.
- Accommodations will be handled by Everglades RC Staff.
- No Loaner Books
- Mandatory sign ins: Name and E-mail address
- First come, first served.
- Materials displayed on the screen.
- UPC Sound System only, utilizing four designated mics.
- Singers will consist of four designated persons (2 male-2 Female.) One per mic., facing stage, 6’+ apart.
- Those wishing to sing the following week must sign up at the current session
- Audience Members requested to wear masks and stay seated.
Masks: At this time masks are REQUESTED NOT MANDATORY for the recreation centers. We strongly encourage our members to utilize masks during our sessions. Trusting our members with decisions regarding their own health issues is Ok as long as minimum set guidance is followed – so your decisions are not putting others at risk.
We have been notified of the following activities by other ukulele friendly clubs.
Hummers and Strummers Club: Has resumed weekly Tuesday meetings at 10 AM at the Bridgeport R.C.
Banjolele Strings Club: Has resumed meeting on Tues, 11/10 at 12:00 Noon at the O’Dell R.C.
Strum With Us
Playing the ukulele is one of the fastest growing crazes not only in The Villages but in the country. On January 30, 2020, we moved to our new location: Everglades Rec Center. Singers come to the mic to sing but everyone plays as music is shown on the screen for all to see. No need to worry about hitting a wrong note: with so many ukuleles no one will know. Besides, how many balls did Tiger hit before he won a tournament? Come wearing a frown and leave wearing a smile.
See you Thursday at Everglades Rec Center.