WELCOME TO THE UKULELE PLAYERS CLUB NEWSLETTER
Grand Canyon Theater
Everglades Recreation Center
The Villages, Fl.
UPC Next Session on Thursday, 8/18
Following our normal schedule
Usual UPC Session Schedule
12:30 PM- Set Up, Classes, Loaner Uke Tuners, Sound System
12:45 PM- First Step and Next Step Classes
1:45 PM- Doors open, song sign ups
2:00 PM- Open Sing (1 Hour)
AUGUST UPC Session Schedule
Grand Canyon Theater, Classes/Open Sing - Thurs., 8/4, 8/18, 8/25
Rocky Mountain/Acadia Art Rooms – Thurs., 8/11
Thank you all for your weekly attendance, support and your great talents and energy........You bring joy to the Villages Ukulele Community........Keep Strumming!!
Photo from HOV Country - 4/7/22 Photo by Tim
2022 Camp Villages - Thank you to our July 14th Mentors and Registrars.
8/11 Session in Review
- Set Up with Dennis, Cody, Jean and Debbie.
- Our Bill was at his EMCEE best.
- Debbie handled the sound system, Donna and Jean on the projector
- Great session with John and Jean on the bass.
- We had several new members in a big audience.
- UPC Classes with Claire, Ray, Raye, Margaret and Darry with the First Step, and Tim with Next Step.
- Next Step started a new cycle with the Key of C and Strumming.
- Our Cody announced he will be presenting his solo performance on Monday, 8/15, from 3 til 5 PM on the lanai at the Belle Glade golf Club restaurant. Come have some afternoon libations and listen to the harmonies of Cody and his favorite Guitar.
- We are planning OCTOBER'S HITS OF THE VILLAGES: POTPORUI for 10/13. Vicki has volunteered so we need one more female designated singer (See Debbie) and Marc and Wayne are the designated male singers. Please send your three songs from any ukulele friendly club in the Villages to Dennis and Debbie. Singers will be encouraged to dress in costumes to fit the theme of their selections.
- Dennis announced the UPC Small Group Serenade was a success at the Lake Deaton Methodist Memory Care program on 8/6 was a success. Another UPC Small group Serenade is scheduled for 8/30 at the Village Veranda Mmory Care Facility. Please see Dennis if you wish to attend.
The Villages Music Showcase at the the Savannah Center is in the planning stages. The UPC has been advised to "Hold the Dates" of 9/29 and 9/30. Nothing definite yet. we have always enjoyed performing at this venue.
PERFORMANCE GROUP SCHEDULE:
Sign up for any one or all of these upcoming performances
Tues., 8/30, Time TBA, at Village Veranda on 441.(Small Group – 6 Players)
Tuesday, March 14, 2023, Benvenuti Americans of Italian Heritage, Bradenton Rec Center, 7:15
Tues., 10/25, 2 PM, at Paradise R.C. for the Silver Lake Ladies (Arr: 1:30 PM) Club
Tues., 12/6, 4:30 PM at Big Cypress RC., Wings of Gold Club, (Arr. 4:15 PM)
Tues., 12/13, 6:30 PM at Bradenton RC., Bradenton Social Club, (Arr. 6:15 PM)
Wed., 1/25/23, 7 PM, at O’Dell RC, for the Chester County, Pa., Club (Arr: 6:40 PM)
Tues., 3/14/23, 7:14 PM, at Bradenton R.C. for the Buenvenuto Americans Heritage Club (Arr: 7 PM)
We continue to book performances for the UPC Performance Group so please check the schedule below and mark your calendars. Your participation is needed and appreciated.
Don't forget the UPC Kitty.
Kenny has many Custom Name tags on hand, so if you ordered one please pick it up.
The UPC is every proud of our members who participate in recognized performances with other Clubs.
Please let us know if you participated in a recent performance....so we can put you in our “CREDITS” Section.
UPC MEMBER Performances for 2022
Mon, 8/15 Condé performed on the Lanai at the Belle Glade Golf Club restaurant.
Thurs. 7/21, Our Cody performed solo at the Corkscrew Restaurant in Spanish Springs.
Mon., 7/18, the UPC Performance Group at Darrell's Diner for a Breast Cancer Awareness Program. (Two one hour performances)
Wed., 7/6 the UPC Performance Group at the Bradenton RC for the BMW-Z Club.
Sat., 6/11 the UPC Performance Group at the Lake Miona RC for the Jersey Club.
Tues.,6/6,., Members of the UPC performed with the "Silver Strummers"
Fri., 6/3, the UPC Performance Group on 6/3 at the Colony R.C. for the Brooklyn Club.
Mon., 5/31, Members of the UPC performed with the "Silver Strummers" at Aspiraions.
Sun., 5/30, members of the UPC performed with "Sparkey's Strummers" at a private party.
Tues., 5/17, the UPC Performance Group performed at the Bacall R.C.
Fri., 5/13, the UPC Performance Group performed at the Chatham R.C.
Thurs., 5/12, 6:15 PM, the UPC Performance Group performed at the Laurel Manor R.C.
Tues., 4/26, members of the UPC performed with "Sparkey's Strummers" at St. Timothy's.
Mon., 4/25, UPC members, Carol, John and Tim did a tutorial with Clown Alley at the Savannah R.C.
Mon., 4/25, the UPC Performance Groups performed at the Lake Miona R.C.
Sun., 4/24, members of the UPC performed with "Sparkey's Strummers" at the Savanah R.C.
Sat., 4/16, the UPC Performance Group performed at the Fish Hawk R.C.
Fri., 4/8, members of the UPC performed with "Sparkey's Strummers" at Laurel Manor RC.
Tues., 4/5, Members of the UPC performed with the "Silver Strummers" at Chatham RC.
Fri., 3/25, Members of the UPC performed with the "Silver Strummers" at Sumter Place.
Sun., 3/20, Dennis, Carol and Diane performed with other artists at the Central Florida Chapter of the American Harp Society at the New Life Christian Church in Wildwood.
Fri.,, 3/18. Jean performed with Sisters in Harmony for Buffalo Ridge Assisted Living residents.
Tues., 3/15, the UPC Performance Group performed at the Hibiscus R.C. for the Dakota Club
Sun., 3/13, members of the UPC performed with "Sparkey's Strummers" at the Fish Hawk R.C. for the Lakeridge Loopers Social Club.
Thurs., 3/10, UPC members Roxy and Sarah performed with the Village Voices in their “Gospel, Broadway and More" in the New Covenant United Methodist Church.
Wed., 3/9, the UPC Performance Group performed at the SeaBreeze R.C.
Tues., 3/8, members of the UPC performed with "Sparkey's Strummers" at the Rohan R.C.
Fri., 2/18, the UPC Performance Groups performed at the Saddlebrook R.C.
Tues., 2/15, Members of the UPC performed with the "Silver Strummers" at the O'Dell R.C.
Thurs., 2/1O, members of the UPC performed with "Sparkey's Strummers" at the SeaBreeze R.C.
Wed., 1/26, the UPC Performance Group performed at the Coconut Cove R.C.
Tues., 1/11/22, 6:30 PM, UPC Performance Group members performed at the Coconut Cove R.C.
UPC Small Performance Group Performances at Residence Facilities:
Banyan Residence Assisted Living Resort in Oxford.
Your Memory Care Facility in Wildwood
Village Veranda in Lady Lake
SUPPORT OUR MEMBERS
- Mark, John, Sue and Wayne solo with Sparkey’s Strummers during their weekly practice sessions at the Savannah Recreation Center every Thursday at 9 AM.
- Mark, also known as “MrBluSkies,” is available for appearances at private parties and other entertainment venues. Contact him or go to his website at www.mrbluskies.com.
• If you are participating in a performance event open to the public and would like to use this NEWSLETTER to promote it, please give Tim ALL the information (a leaflet, handout, etc) so we can get ALL the info in the appropriate NEWSLETTER.
Village Ukulele Clubs
Many of the Ukulele Friendly Clubs are open. Please check with the Recreation News for further information.
- Peace, Love & Ukulele Club– 1st, 2nd& 3rdMonday @ 10:30 Am @ Laurel Manor R. C. .
- Strumming Ukulelians– 1st, 2nd& 4thMonday @ 1:30 PM @ Laurel Manor R. C.
- Folk Singing–Monday @ 7:00 PM @ Lake Miona R.C.
- UKULELE PLAYERS CLUB –Thurs. @ 12:50 in the Grand Canyon Theater, at the Everglades R. C.
- “Strum for Fun Club”, Thurs. @ 4:00 PM at the Sterling Heights R.C.
- “Hummers and Strummers”- Tues., @ 10:00 Am in the Cape Hatteras Room at the Bridgeport R.C---
“Banjolele Strings Club”.@ 12:00 Noon at the O’Dell R.C
- Villages Ukulele Club @ 4:00 PM at Chula Vista R.C.
A Special Thank You for Our Weekly UPC Supporters
Bill - our Emcee;
Jean - our UPC Librarian, projectionist, attendance director and bassist;
Linda - our projectionist,
John - bassist;
Ralph, Maurice, Debbie, Cody, Dennis and Jean our Set Up Team.
And all our members for a great hour of sitting, strumming and smiling and social distancing making us all feel a little safer.
Thank you all for volunteering and making a big difference in the happy hour we all spend together..
UPC Performance Group Schedule:
Any UPC member who wishes to participate in the UPC Performance Group please sign up with Dennis. It is not necessary to sing at mics, we need strummers and chorus member
Sat., 4/16, 7 PM at Fish Hawk R.C. for the Buttonwood Club (Arr. 6:45 PM)
Mon., 4/25, 6:45 PM at Lake Miona R.C. for the North East Ohio Club (Arr. 6:30 PM)
Wed., 4/27, 3 PM at the Banyan Assisted Living Resort, Oxford(Arr.2:30 PM)
Tues., 5/17/22, 6:45 PM at Bacall R.C. for Key Largo Club (Arr: 6:25 PM)
Sat., 6/11, 7 PM, at Lake Miona R.C. for the New Jersey Social Club (Arr: 6:40 PM)
The success of our UPC sessions is directly attributed to the many talented singers who perform weekly so our members can Sit, Smile, Sing and Strum to the joyous sounds of their marvelous music. Please thank them when you have the chance, they do a great job......
UPC Songbooks are available for purchase at Club Meetings while supplies last. $10.00. See Jean.
UPC Songbooks are available in DropBox. No charge. Send an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPC Songbook will soon be available as a PDF file.
Don't forget your Ukulele Club Name Tags.
We THANK YOU ALL for:
- Your cooperation during the seating process.
- Sharing your time at the Mics.
- "NO NOODLING.”
- REFRAINING FROM ALL UKULELE ACTIVITY (including tuning) in the Everglades Recreation Center LOBBY and surrounding rooms
- Lost Items: All found items will be turned in at the front desk at the Everglades Recreation Center. We will not drag the items around looking for the owners.