WELCOME TO THE UPC NEWSLETTER
"Hits of the Villages: Country Edition"
NEXT SESSION - THURSDAY - 5/13/21
Rocky Mountain/Acadia RoomsEverglades Recreation Center
The Villages, Fl.
12:50 PM Doors open / Set Up / Seating
1:10 PM Announcements/Direction/Protocols - Social Distancing
1:15 PM Play / Sing
2:15 PM Dismissal / Break Down
Up Dated Items in this edition the Newsletter:
Review of 5/6 Session
Preview of 5/13 Session
UPC Member Credits
UPC Performance Schedule
Other Ukulele Clubs
Many of the Ukulele Friendly Clubs are now open. Please check with the Recreation News for further information.
The UPC recommends the following CLUBS that are active, at the appointed time and location:
- Peace, Love & Ukulele Club– 1st, 2nd& 3rdMonday @ 10:30 Am @ Laurel Manor R. C. ----- MASKS REQUIRED
- Strumming Ukulelians– 1st, 2nd& 4thMonday @ 1:30 PM @ Laurel Manor R. C. ----- MASKS OPTIONAL
- Folk Singing– Monday @ 7:00 PM @ Lake Miona R.C.
- ----- MASKS OPTIONAL
- “Hummers and Strummers”- at 10:00 Am in the Cape Hatteras Room at the Bridgeport R.C----- MASKS REQUESTED
- “Banjolele Strings Club”– Tues, 12:00 Noon at the O’Dell R.C. ------MASKS REQUESTED
- UKULELE PLAYERS CLUB –Thur 12:50 in the Grand Canyon Theater, at the Everglades R. C---MASKS REQUESTED
- TropRock Ukulele Society – First and Third Thursdays at 12:30 PM at the Canal St. R.C.
- “Strum for Fun Club”, 4:00 PM at the Sterling Heights R.C.----- MASKS OPTIONAL
Thursday, 5/6 Session in Review
NOTE: Seating arrangements are in compliance with the Villages TVDD Covid protocols. It is first come first seated and we are now have 64 seated participants. Masks are still requested.
A great effort by the set up team, Jean, Dennis, Debbie and Cody for an early start on Thursday, 5/6. We have incorporated several units form different systems to provide our six mics for every session.
Thank you to this week’s designated singers, Julie, Diane, Wayne and Marlene. A great effort to sing for the entire session, over an hour. You were great with some hard materials.
Again, thanks to all you who are using the satellite mics.....we had sixteen different singers, including Fred on 5/6.
PLEAE DO NOT CAMP OUT AT A SATELLITE MIC......ALTERNATE YOUR SELECTIONS.
Dennis our Maestro, sound engineer and Performance Group Leader;
Bill - our Fabulous Emcee
Jean the UPC Librarian, projectionist, attendance director and bassist;
John - great on the bass;
Darry and Raye for signing folks in;
And all our members for a great hour of sitting, strumming and smiling, six feet apart with your masks on, making us all feel a little safer.
Thursday, 5/13, "Hits of the Villages: Country Edition" Preview
The theme for the 5/13 UPC Hits of the Villages is "Country Songs" with Dennis, Carol, Debbie and Cody.
These singers have each selected four songs from any Ukulele Friendly club in the Villages. All songs are on the UPC Hits of the Villages Dropbox file available to all the listed designated singers.
Note: There will be two satellite mics available for those of you who were not signed up to sing…..usual etiquette applies.
Reminder: If you wish to sing at one of the satellite mics, please wear your mask
UPC Performance Group Schedule:
Sat., 9/11, 7 PM, at Lake Miona R.C. for the New Jersey Club (Arr.- 6:40PM)
Tues., 1/11/22, 6:30 PM, at Coconut Cove R.C. for the Kaylee Villas Club (Arr: 6:10 PM)
The success of our UPC sessions is directly attributed to the many talented singers who perform weekly so our members can Sit, Smile, Sing and Strum to the joyous sounds of their marvelous music. Please thank them when you have the chance, they do a great job......
We THANK YOU ALL for:
- Maintaining your six foot personal space intervals stating seated and not moving the chairs.
- Wearing your masks before, during and after the session.
- Signing in at the back of the room.
- Refraining from singing during the session and letting our singers know what a great job they did for the hour session.
- Singers maintaining their spacing and using the wipes on their mics.
- "NO NOODLING.”
- REFRAINING FROM ALL UKULELE ACTIVITY (including tuning) in the Everglades Recreation Center LOBBY and surrounding rooms
- "Loaner Books" suspended until further notice.
- Lost Items: All found items will be turned in at the front desk at the Everglades Recreation Center. We will not drag the items around looking for the owners.
• Please let us know if you participated in a recent performance....so we can put you in our “CREDITS” Section.
On April 28th UPC Members performed with Sparkey's Strummers at the Savannah Recreation Center for the Calumet Social Club.
Support our Members
Sparker's Strummers are back at the Savannah R.C. at 9 AM every Thursday Feel free to stop by.
SUPPORT OUR MEMBERS
• Mark and Wayne solo with Sparkey’s Strummers during their weekly practice sessions at the Savannah Recreation Center every Thursday at 9 AM.
• Mark, also known as “MrBluSkies,” is available for appearances at private parties and other entertainment venues. Contact him or go to his website at www.mrbluskies.com.
• If you are participating in a performance event open to the public and would like to use this NEWSLETTER to promote it, please give Tim ALL the information (a leaflet, handout, etc) so we can get ALL the info in the appropriate NEWSLETTER.